This committee assesses the professional development needs of the organization. The Committee is responsible for providing continuing education workshops, and speakers for the general meetings.
The Professional Development Chair will:
· Be responsible for organizing individuals on the Professional Development committee
o Ensure that there is effective communication amongst members in the committee by maintaining communication with members at minimum once a month via email.
o Effectively delegate tasks to committee members and ensure that these tasks are completed.
o Email committee goals to each new committee member and ensure active committee members are aware of goals.
o Ensure that there is representation from the Professional Development committee at each event.
· Report to the NEFMHCA Board regarding the activities of the committee.
o Attend NEFMHCA Board Meetings. Must not be absent for more than 3 consecutive meetings.
Goals for Professional Development Committee:
Continuing Education Chair will be responsible for ensuring that primary Committee Goals are met which are as follows:
1. Organizing at least 3 continuing education events (one event must be annual conference) for NEFMHCA for the 2018-2019 membership year. Event budget must be approved by Board.
2. Recruit speakers to provide Professional Development presentations for events.
3. Suggest venues for Professional Development events.
4. Maintain monthly communication to Board.
5. Ensure Continuing Education participants sign in, complete surveys and receive their CE certificates.
Please click here to join this committee. Or contact NEFMHCA President Dr. Connie Clark at - Board@nefmhca.com.