GREETING FROM THE NEW ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT OF NEFMHCA
July 1, 2018
It is with joy and humility that I write to you as the new president of the Association for this year. I follow in the footsteps of several memorable previous presidents who led us to where we are today, and I only hope to be as successful as they were.
To that end, I will established task forces and committees to address the Association's immediate needs and long-term growth. Staffed by board members and a select few other volunteers, these groups will address membership and conference attendance (both of which have decreased in recent years). Committees will also continue to oversee the Educational Programs, our by-laws, organizational structure and procedures. We will also establish a new Communications initiative to promote interaction with our web site and Facebook page.
On that note, communications is at the heart of building and sustaining our Association, and as such it is a two-way street. I would like to hear from you regarding your thoughts about the Association and what we can do to further the organization's stated mission. Our mission has taken on added importance in what we as an association can do to help our members, and what can we do to increase our membership, how can we attract more participants to our annual conference, and how might we increase our financial resources to fund these and other initiatives? I appreciate and look forward to your input.
Several opportunities will be available throughout the year to meet for certification/education as well as networking with individuals within our industry. I have been a part of the NEFMHCA for several years and networking personally has allowed several opportunities to come my way that otherwise would not have been recognized. Networking is a part of our industry and this organization has its wealth of knowledge and from this, long term relationships created from the NEFMHCA, has been priceless.
For our current members and perspective members I want to assure you that the intention of this board is to grow the NEFMHCA Chapter without limits. We will stay focused on remaining as a benefit to our members and also stay current with Industry standards and requirements. Look forward to a productive successful year and invite each of you to participate, and most important become involved.
Connie Clark, Ph.D., LMHC, CST, MAC, SRT, BC-TMH
Northeast Florida Mental Health Counselors Association
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
OUR GOALS AS YOUR NEW LEADERS:
- To provide a united organization through which all persons engaged or interested in the counseling profession can exchange ideas, seek solutions to common problems, and encourage personal and professional growth across the lifespan.
- To promote high professional standards in counseling to increase public confidence and trust through program development, continuing education, accountability, and the ethical conduct of counselors across Northeast Florida
- To advocate for the counseling profession in Northeast Florida through dissemination of information to counselors and the public at large, promotion of needed legislation and monitoring of legislation pertaining to the counseling profession, identification of current and needed professional counseling opportunities, positions, and programs in Northeast Florida, and provision of continuing education opportunities.
- To promote the acceptance and value of individual differences and the holistic well-being of all individuals across the lifespan.
- To identify and provide continuing education opportunities to encourage professional growth, creativity, research, accountability, and service in the counseling profession in Northeast Florida.